Ambassadors for One SouthCoast Chamber are a volunteer group who respond to the needs of all members and reinforce the benefits of Chamber membership. The Ambassadors are a critical link between the Chamber and its new and existing members.
The mission of the Ambassador’s Council of One SouthCoast Chamber is to further the mission of the Chamber through one-on-one communications with members and new businesses in the community.
- Heighten member awareness and understanding of Chamber programs, services and objectives
- Serve as the “goodwill” arm of One SouthCoast Chamber
- Increase and strengthen the Chamber membership base through strong retention and recruitment efforts
Benefits to Ambassadors
- Visibility at Chamber functions and in some Chamber communications
- Develop leadership image by enhancing relevant professional programs and networking opportunities
- Networking with a variety of business professionals
- Firsthand updates from the President & Professional Staff of the Chamber and direct contact with decision-makers
- Ability to bring a guest to some programs at no cost
- Ability to recruit members immediately by being equipped with up-to-date membership materials
Ambassadors will be appointed as needed with the consultation of the Ambassadors Chairperson(s) and Chamber staff. Appointments to the council are for one year. Reappointment will be made at the end of the year.
If the council’s expectations are not met, a review of the Ambassador’s further participation will take place.
Ambassador Council meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of every month at a member restaurant.
Chris Johnson, Project Manager, Isaksen Solar
He brings with him over 20 years of sales and marketing experience.
He’s very active with One SouthCoast Chamber of Commerce, serving as the Co-Chair of the Ambassador Committee. He has received a number of awards such as a Community Service Award, Ambassador of the Year, Presidents Award as well as Affiliate of the Year with the Realtor Association of Southeastern Mass. Utilizing his Culinary Arts Degree, Chris was in the restaurant industry for over a decade, managing restaurants and café’s from Nantucket to California. He is still a self proclaimed foodie so feel free to follow his Instagram page @cjjazzychef! He has also owned multiple businesses including a cleaning business as well as his own insurance business for 8 years.
Chris is the proud father of two and dedicates himself to his kids when he’s not working. Coincidentally, when he IS working, he dedicates himself to “notworking” (for those of you that don’t know, this is what he calls it when he’s networking)! Chris’s favorite part about his position at Isaksen Solar has been the ability to not only help people gain energy independence but earn their trust enough that they are willing to refer their friends and family to receive his help as well.
Sue Potter, Marketing Consultant, Townsquare Media
Sue represents Fun 107 & WBSM on all aspects of radio advertising to a complete digital package. She truly enjoys working with local businesses on the Southcoast and helping them grow. She has worked with One Southcoast Chamber for many years and feels that the Chamber has been a big influence on her career. She cherishes the many personal friendships she has also made during that time.